On 30 November 2016 Holli participated in Be You Talks, a unique event that demonstrated the commercial & social value of promoting positive body imagery & explored the power of social media to influence body confidence. Practical solutions to shape empowering messages to boost confidence and self-esteem were discussed and shared.
The UK’s visionaries gathered at one groundbreaking event which featured 30+ speakers spanning business, media, academia & government alongside charities & body confidence campaigns, including Unilever (Dove & Lynx/Axe), N Brown, Google, Sport for England, Be Real Campaign, and the Minister for Women & Equalities.
Attendees included marketing, advertising, creative execs from digital & traditional communities, public sector & campaigners.
Check it out!
Holli participated on the panel Diversity on the Rise: Why Positive Body IMage Makes Sense and Makes Money. Issues discussed were normalising diverse campaigns; shifting the beauty paradigm; dangers, challenges, and risks; and hard evidence of sales uplifts from positive campaigns. Particpants included:
- Ed Watson, Global Comms Director, N Brown and ex PR Director Debenhams
- Tanya Joseph, Director, Business Partnerships at Sport England, This Girl Can
- Caryn Franklin MBE, Fashion Commentator and Campaigner
- Holli Rubin, Psychotherapist and Body Image Specialist
- Moderated by Meaghan Ramsey, Partner, Brunswick Group